This is a new english paper piecing project I have started. The fabric is free spirit solids and, at the moment, I don’t have a whole lot of the fabric left, so I guess the final size of the quilt will depend greatly on how much more fabric I will be able to get my hands on… Here’s hoping the workroom still has some in stock!
I’m calling it my “seventies cube quilt” because I think it has a real retro vibe to it. Maybe its the optical illusion that makes it so dated, or the colours… It’s so simple, and yet I find it so aesthetically satisfying.
My sewing time over the past month has been very limited (I’m balancing two jobs this summer…), but having a bit of hand sewing makes me feel like I’m still staying on top of things. I sewed all of this piece so far while on the subway or on my lunch breaks.
The Banksia top by Megan Neilson that I had mentioned I was working on (in a previous post) turned out not so nice… However, I will try again – and then I shall show what went wrong and how I (hopefully) made the next one better! Other than that, I have been working on a dress from one of my Japanese dress books, Stylish Dress Book 3. You’ll be the first to know when it’s done!